Into fashion, food and decorating trends? The pick for 2013 is rich, bold emerald green !
Green is the most abundant hue in nature—the human eye sees more green than any other color in the spectrum. It’s the color of growth, renewal, and prosperity—no other color conveys regeneration more than green. Green represents healing, unity, and a link to nature.
Here are five ways to incorporate green into your lifestyle in 2013.
1. Eat it. Everyone knows that green leafy vegetables are good for digestion and overall health. So load up your shopping cart with more veggies in 2013. Only about 27 percent of adults eat the recommended three or more servings of veggies per day. And a slim waistline will make others “green” with envy!
2. Wear it. Forge Blue Jeans. They’re so “last year”! Get with the colored jeans trend! Balance a rich emerald jewel tone with a light pink, beige, gold, or white top. Don’t forget the accessories! Try emerald earrings and/or necklace to set off a simple black tee or navy sweater dress.
3. Go green. Why not be a little more eco-friendly in 2013? Even small steps like using reusable totes when you run errands or go shopping. Have a “green” lifestyle by taking public transportation or walking instead of driving whenever possible.
4. Paint it. Green is nature’s basic color. Visually relaxing and emotionally soothing, it can bring nature into your home with just a coat or two of subtle green shades on your walls and décor.
5. Save it. Plan for the future! It never hurts to look over your finances for ways to save and economize. Those Greenbacks you save can ensure a longer, healthier and more productive life.